For each country, the downloadable file contains information on merchandise trade, trade by commodity and the evolution of trade with the EFTA States.
Acronyms and Abbreviations
- EEA: European Economic Area
- FTA: Free Trade Agreement
- JDC: Joint Declaration on Cooperation
- CH-Bilateral: Swiss Bilateral Agreements with the EU
- Neg: Negotiations on a Free Trade Agreement in the EFTA framework are ongoing
- Expl: Exploratory talks/feasibility study phase that may lead to negotiations
 Indicates the date of entry into force of the agreement for the first EFTA State that ratified it. Dates of entry into force for a given agreement may vary slightly between EFTA States. Note that several agreements foresee dismantling periods for the tariffs of the partner country.
 Ongoing bilateral negotiations between China and Iceland, Norway and Switzerland respectively.
 Bilateral Free Trade Agreements between the Faroe Islands and Iceland, Norway and Switzerland respectively.
 Gulf Cooperation Council (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates).
 Bilateral FTA between Japan and Switzerland. Entered into force in 2009.
 Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay.
 Southern African Customs Union (Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa and Swaziland).
Source: World Trade Atlas/Global Trade Atlas. Trade flows are those recorded as EFTA States' imports and exports.
For the list of member and observer countries to the World Trade Organization (WTO), please go to the WTO website.